A women's fertility is like a garden and it needs to be tended to in order to produce the healthiest possible offspring. I recommend committing to at least 3 months of getting your body in the best shape prior to to trying to conceive. This includes regular exercise, eating a healthy balanced diet and letting go of any bad habits. I am here to help you to correct any hormonal imbalances, let go of any of those bad habits, and give diet and lifestyle advice.
- Increase blood supply (oxygen and nutrients) to the testicles with acupuncture
- Increase blood supply (oxygen and nutrients) to the follicleswith acupuncture
- Improve ovarian function by regulating hormone levels (e.g., LH, testosterone, insulin) with acupuncture
- Reduce stress hormones associated with reduced IVF success with acupuncture
- Increase oocyte mitochondrial ATP output with certain Chinese herbs
- Enhance follicle antioxidant defenses with certain Chinese herbs
- Improve follicle environment by reducing inflammatory cytokines with certain Chinese herbs.
So you have been told your egg quality is not great, and it may be the cause of your fertility problems. Unfortunately ART / IVF clinics do not have much to offer those women facing this problem. Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine may be able to help though. We can not change the age or DNA of your eggs but we may be able to assist in the amount of blood, oxygen and nutrients reaching your developing eggs, thus improving their quality. Also with the use of Chinese Herbal Formulas consisting of herbs that have been shown to improve the ATP production (cell energy) in the mitochondria, is another mechanism of assisting the quality of your eggs. To learn more please click on this link to a great blog post all about improving egg quality with Chinese medicine and acupuncture