Do you want to manage STRESS better?
Do you have PAIN that you can't get rid of?
Do you have an INJURY that you want to heal faster?
Are you having problems with FERTILITY?
Do you have MENSTRUAL PAIN or PMS?
Do you have SLEEP problems?
Do you have ANXIETY or DEPRESSION?
Do you have DIGESTIVE problems?
So you may be wondering, what is acupuncture? Does it hurt? Can it help me? Well I am here to answer those and many other questions about acupuncture and chinese medicine in the following pages.
Acupuncture is one of the many tools in my tool box of helping your body heal. The two main forms of acupuncture I practice are Japanese style acupuncture, and the Balance Method. Japanese acupuncture is a gentle form of acupuncture using very fine needles, which are often not felt, it entails treating both the branch (the symptoms that brought you in) and the root (the underlying cause of dysfunction). By doing both a root & branch treatment not only are the presenting symptoms alleviated but the overall body is strengthened and brought closer to its natural state of wellness. The other form of acupuncture I practice is known as the Balance Method. The balance method is great for treating pain conditions. By using mirrors and images the body is able to balance out the area of pain without ever doing any local treatment.
The tradition of Chinese Medicine as a whole places great emphasis on lifestyle management in order to prevent disease before it occurs. Chinese medicine recognizes that health is more than just the absence of disease and it has a unique capacity to maintain and enhance our capacity for well being and happiness.
Why Try Acupuncture?
- Acupuncture is a complete medical system that views each patient as a whole. This is personalized and tailored healthcare.
- Acupuncture can treat over 50 western medical diseases and disorders. The World Health Organization recognizes the benefits of treatment.
- Acupuncture can be used as a preventative medicine and strengthens the immune system.
- Acupuncture accelerates the healing process, decreases pain and brings overall wellness.
- Acupuncture is deeply relaxing and often used for stress-relief.
- Acupuncture has treated patients for 5,000 years; in which, 2,500 years of those years have documented.
- Acupuncture has uses sterilized one time use very thin needles, and is safe when practiced by a Licensed Acupuncturist.
- Acupuncture treats the root cause along with the present symptoms.
- Acupuncture can be a cost-effective medicine avoiding expensive surgery.
- Acupuncture simply makes you feel good, balanced and energized! It works!
Elizabeth is a licensed Acupuncturist and Herbalist in the State of Maine. She is a nationally certified Diplomate of Oriental Medicine by the NCCAOM. Elizabeth currently holds her Masters in Traditional Oriental Medicine from Pacific College of Oriental Medicine, completing over 3,500 hours of academic and clinical training.
Services offered by Elizabeth include both gentle Japanese Style Acupuncture, Balance Method Acupuncture, and Orthopedic Acupuncture allowing her to treat a wide variety of patients. Chinese Herbal Medicine, Chinese Cupping Therapy, Gua Sha Therapy, Chinese Dietary Therapy, Nutritional Counseling.
Elizabeth Doane L.Ac. practices out of 2 convenient locations both located on Route 1.
The first is Scarborough Family Chiropractic located just off the Scarborough Connector next to Lois' Natural Marketplace.
The second location is Falmouth Family Chiropractic located off exit 10 of 295, behind the Key Bank & Starbucks.